You’re about to take an important step in your life. Not only is it important to choose the college that’s right for you, it’s equally important to select the courses that will help you on your academic and career journey.
Your journey will begin when you call either (845) 434-5750, extension 4287,
or 800-577-5243 to make your reservation for Registration Day.
NOTE: You must make an appointment to participate in Registration Day and ride on the FREE shuttle bus from NYC (see below).
- 8:00 am: NYC to SUNY SULLIVAN bus picks up students
- 10:00 am: All attendees must check in with Admissions (C Lobby)
- 10:15 am: Student Billing table opens for students to pay deposits ($50.00).
- 10:30 am: Info Session - Financing Your Education with SUNY Sullivan (Room C106)
- 11:30 am: Testing & Advisement begins (Lower F & G Buildings)
- 11:30 am: Open House check in begins (Grossinger Dining Room)
- 11:45 am: Open House Welcome & Faculty Introductions of Faculty
- 12:00 pm: Faculty Workshops begin (Classrooms TBA)
- 12:30 pm: Faculty, Student, & Family Luncheon (Student Union)
- 1:15 pm: Campus Tours begin
(Residence Halls will be open for tours from noon until 5:00 pm).
- 4:00 pm: Bus departs for NYC
If you are among the accepted students who need to take placement tests, Registration Day is the day to do it. Participants will take tests to determine their proper placement in required courses. Advisors from the SUNY Sullivan Learning Center will be on hand to guide you through the testing and course registration process.
NOTE: Your $50 registration fee is due at the time of registration - 5/4/13 .
If you are depending upon financial aid to cover all or part of your college costs, you must have completed the financial aid process BEFORE making an appointment for testing and registration.
To start the financial aid process the 2013-2014 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) must be completed at www.fafsa.ed.gov. When filing your FAFSA, you need to take advantage of the IRS Data Retrieval Tool which allows you to link to the IRS from the FAFSA and retrieve tax information directly. (Do NOT change the answers.) If you do not use the data transfer we may not be able to process your financial aid before classes start. You and parent must sign the application on-line with a PIN number. (SUNY Sullivan's Federal School Code is 002879.) Complete New York State TAP application directly from the FAFSA confirmation page.
SUNY Sullivan is pleased to provide free round-trip bus transportation for students coming from the NYC Metropolitan area. You must make your bus reservation when you make your Registration Day reservation.
- Riders must be there to check in and board by 7:45 am – no exceptions.
- Bus will depart at 8:00 am from the New York Public Library.
(5th Avenue btw 41st & 42nd Streets)
- Snacks and lunch provided for FREE by the college.
- Return bus leaves SUNY Sullivan between 3:00 pm and 4:00 pm.
(Schedule subject to change according to when the last students finish with testing.)
- Students may have ONE guest on the bus. Reservations are required.
NOTE: You must be an accepted student for Fall 2013, and have already applied for Financial Aid prior to May 4, 2013.
FAX (845-434-4806) or mail your residence hall documents BEFORE August 11. We also need to receive your $400 room deposit before you can be assigned a room in the residence hall.
112 College Road
Loch Sheldrake, NY 12759-5723
NOTE: If you haven't applied for a room in the residence halls and have yet to send in your $400 deposit, you may be put on a waiting list. Rooms are filling up fast and occupancy is on a first come, first served basis!